Being Well Salford < Go back
What they aim to achieve
Feel good in your world
Being Well Salford aims to increase self-efficacy in people, leading to increased health and wellbeing.
The focus is on reducing lifestyle behaviour-related risks relating to unhealthy weight, physical inactivity, tobacco use, alcohol and low mood / anxiety / depression.
What they do
- People need to be viewed as a ‘whole person’ and not just as symptoms or problems.
- Self-help and knowledge can increase confidence, skills and motivation in reducing health risks.
- reduced weight or weight gain
- increased physical activity
- reduced tobacco use
- reduced alcohol use
- improved feelings of wellbeing
- helps reduce demand on health and other services
Where they operate
“I feel as though we are in control and it really changes the way you think about things.” (client)