We we aim to be a leading employer and work to the ACAS Model Workplace.
We are an accredited Living Wage Employer. No post is paid below the Living Wage and there is a maximum ratio of five between the whole-time equivalent salaries of the highest and lowest paid employees. We hold Disability Confident Employer status from the Department of Work and Pensions. We have a Healthy Workplace Award from Simplyhealth for our commitment to the health and well-being of our people.
Our standard terms and conditions are:
- Pay on a five-point scale, linked to local authority NJC pay scales. Moves up the pay scale take place annually on 1 April, once a person has been in post for at least 12 months.
- Normal hours of work are 35 hours per week (pro rata for part-time hours).
- Annual leave is 5.6 working weeks (pro rata for part-time hours), in addition to paid public holidays. There is an additional 0.4 working week’s leave per year after two years’ continuous employment, and a further 0.6 working week’s leave after five years of continuous employment.
- In addition, you are entitled to one day of additional leave (pro rata), to be known as a ‘Wellbeing Day’. This can be taken either as a whole day, or as separate hours up to a maximum of 7 in any leave year, within the normal annual leave taking procedure.
- A Group Personal Pension Scheme, which all employees are automatically enrolled on to starting their employment. The Society contributes the equivalent of 7.5% of total earnings to the pension. At present the employee contribution is voluntary and if they contribute a minimum of 3.0% Unlimited Potential will contribute 8.5%.
- There is no normal retirement age.
Other benefits of employment with Unlimited Potential include:
- Every person is eligible to be a Supporter (member) of our community benefit society, with voting rights at annual meetings and elections.
- A recognised trade union in Unison – we actively encourage all employees to become and remain trade union members.
- Personal development, through a personal development plan, supported by a learning and development allocation for each person equivalent to 3.4% of salary.
- Life assurance – we have a Group Life Assurance Scheme that covers all employees, at no cost to them.
- Employee assistance programme – providing every employee, their household member and dependants with a fully confidential help, information and advice service.
- Health cash plan – offering money back on everyday health care bills, up to specified annual limits.
- Sports and gym facilities – access to this by being an Unlimited Potential employee.