The Health Trainers service aims to improve the well-being of local people by encouraging and supporting healthy lifestyle choices, by:
- supporting people to make changes they want in their lifestyle to improve their health and well-being
- offering practical advice and good connections into services and support that is available locally
- Happiness and health can only be maintained and improved if they are part of a person’s way of life.
- A person’s happiness and health will be improved if they make the healthier choices they want and stick to them.
- Support will be most effective if it is practical and offers connections to local services and networks that are easily accessible.
What difference does it make?
“I feel as though my life has turned the corner.” (client)
- 50% of clients will have achieved all the goals in their personal action plans, at sign-off
- 70% of clients will have achieved one or more goals in their personal action plans, at sign-off
People aged over 16 years who are resident in or registered with a GP practice in the City of Salford, who want to make changes in their lifestyle to improve their health and well-being, but are struggling to do so
AND are likely to benefit from the Health Trainers service
EXCEPT for people with acute mental health, alcohol or drug issues that require specialist support beyond that possible from the Health Trainers service.
Across the City of Salford.
- recruiting clients
- supporting clients to design personal action plans
- supporting clients to implement personal action plans